News & Updates
TransFormation Alliance Awarded $1M
Atlanta selected for SPARCC challenge. $1M grant awarded with access to $70M in financing capital.
TransFormation Alliance today announced that Atlanta was selected to join the Strong, Prosperous, And Resilient Communities Challenge (SPARCC). SPARCC is a three-year, $90 million initiative that will bolster local groups and leaders in their efforts to ensure that, as major new investments in transportation are made, they improve equity, health, and environmental outcomes for all residents.
Atlanta’s transit and community investments are at a transformational point, potentially increasing by billions of dollars. The award from SPARCC will enable Atlanta to create a new model of an equitable, healthy, and climate-wise development and ensure benefits for all residents.
Following a competitive application process in 2016, Atlanta is one of six sites chosen to receive initial funding and expert technical assistance from SPARCC. The others are Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Memphis, and San Francisco Bay Area.
Read the full release here.
- HOUSING FORUM: Preservation
- TransFormation Alliance Awarded $1M
- HOUSING FORUM: Rise in Evictions
- TransFormation Alliance Awarded $1M SPARCC Grant – and more!
- HOUSING FORUM: Displacement and Gentrification
- Atlanta Approves Ordinance for Set Asides
- Study: Atlanta loses 5,000+ low-cost rentals
- HUD 2015 Report: Decline in Veteran Homelessness