News & Updates
NHC to host Solutions for Restoring Neighborhoods
November 5-6, 2015, New Orleans, Louisiana
National Housing Conference’s Solutions for Restoring Neighborhoods brings together practitioners and advocates from across the housing community to explore solutions for creating affordable housing and revitalizing neighborhoods. Conference sessions are framed by from a comprehensive community development perspective that treats housing as a nexus connected to education, transportation, economic development, health, the environment, public safety and other social issues. Presenters will come from around the country and the New Orleans region to share ideas, propose solutions and offer practical lessons for all to take home.
We will look at the challenges facing a range of communities: newly gentrifying places struggling to maintain affordability and avoid displacement; places working to overcome a cycle of disinvestment and foreclosures; and places with overall strong real estate demand but pockets of distress. Breakout sessions will focus on state and local solutions while plenary sessions bring in federal perspectives on housing policy. An optional mobile workshop will allow participants to see policy in action. MORE
- HOUSING FORUM: Preservation
- TransFormation Alliance Awarded $1M
- HOUSING FORUM: Rise in Evictions
- TransFormation Alliance Awarded $1M SPARCC Grant – and more!
- HOUSING FORUM: Displacement and Gentrification
- Atlanta Approves Ordinance for Set Asides
- Study: Atlanta loses 5,000+ low-cost rentals
- HUD 2015 Report: Decline in Veteran Homelessness