Issues & Initiatives
Piece by Piece – A Regional Foreclosure Initiative is a bold, coordinated effort designed to spur strategic action from the many regional stakeholders who care passionately about protecting the long-term future of our neighborhoods and communities.
Piece by Piece is being planned by a leadership team that includes: Atlanta Neighborhood Development Partnership, the Atlanta Regional Commission, CredAbility, Enterprise Community Partners, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association, The Home Depot Foundation, and the National Housing Conference and NeighborWorks America.The Initiative includes the following key objectives: (1) provide up-to-date status of Metro Atlanta’s foreclosure crisis and ways to take action to help address it; (2) offer opportunities for coordination and best practice sharing; and (3) encourage public commitments on goals and actions that will be taken over the next three to five years to address the crisis. This is not merely a convening to discuss the foreclosure crisis. This is a coordinated initiative to take direct action.
TRANSIT -ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT
The Transformation Alliance is a broad partnership of organizations from the private, public and nonprofit sectors dedicated to creating thriving mixed-income communities anchored by transit and linked to all the opportunities and amenities that make Atlanta great. Our mission is to offer all residents the opportunities for a high quality of life linked by our region’s invaluable transit system.
- HOUSING FORUM: Displacement and Gentrification
- Atlanta Approves Ordinance for Set Asides
- Study: Atlanta loses 5,000+ low-cost rentals
- HUD 2015 Report: Decline in Veteran Homelessness
- ABC: City of Atlanta needs to boost workforce housing
- AJC: FHFA expands NSI to include Atlanta
- CL: The push for a more affordable, well-designed Atlanta
- NHC to host Solutions for Restoring Neighborhoods