News & Updates
Help for Troubled Homeowners
UNDERWATER ATLANTA: Programs still available to assist troubled homeowners
The Piece by Piece regional foreclosure response initiative held an event today to address one of the lingering effects of the foreclosure crisis – homeowner negative equity. Goals of the event included: discussing local strategies for overcoming massive negative equity in troubled metro Atlanta neighborhoods; hearing about federal assistance programs, and educating local community leaders about actions they could take to improve home values in their neighborhoods.
In association with the “Underwater Atlanta” event, Piece by Piece created a “Negative Equity Information & Resource Guide.” The guide provides an overview of the negative equity issue, a summary of how negative equity impacts the entire neighborhood, resources for veterans, and an extensive list of programs available to help homeowners who owe more on their homes than the homes are worth. Here’s a list of key programs for troubled homeowners:
For a full recap of the Underwater Atlanta event, click HERE.
If you’d like to receive email updates from the Piece by Piece initiative, a monthly e-news featuring local and national efforts aimed at addressing the foreclosure crisis and its lingering effects, click HERE
- HOUSING FORUM: Preservation
- TransFormation Alliance Awarded $1M
- HOUSING FORUM: Rise in Evictions
- TransFormation Alliance Awarded $1M SPARCC Grant – and more!
- HOUSING FORUM: Displacement and Gentrification
- Atlanta Approves Ordinance for Set Asides
- Study: Atlanta loses 5,000+ low-cost rentals
- HUD 2015 Report: Decline in Veteran Homelessness