News & Updates
AJC: FHFA expands NSI to include Atlanta
Federal officials today are announcing an 18-metro program aimed at putting foreclosed properties in the hands of local non-profits.
Atlanta is one of the areas chosen, according to a spokesman for the Federal Housing Finance Agency, which developed the program working with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
The idea is to stabilize neighborhoods – and markets – that were badly hit by the housing crisis, which in Atlanta resulted in an estimated quarter-million homes going through foreclosure in just a few years.
- Next Housing Forum: Atlanta Mayoral Candidates
- City for All
- HOUSING FORUM: Preservation
- TransFormation Alliance Awarded $1M
- HOUSING FORUM: Rise in Evictions
- TransFormation Alliance Awarded $1M SPARCC Grant – and more!
- HOUSING FORUM: Displacement and Gentrification
- Atlanta Approves Ordinance for Set Asides